Say no to canned pizza sauce, try making it at home with this recipe.
Tomatoes – 4 medium
Onion chopped – 1 large
Dry Red Chillies – 4
Garlic – 6 clove
Tomato Sauce – 3 tbsp
Red Chilli sauce – 1 tsp
Soy Sauce – 1 tsp
Vinegar – 1 tsp
Oregano – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
- Blanch tomatoes, deseed, chop and keep aside.
- Grind dry red chillies and garlic with 1 cup water to form a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a vessel and fry chopped onions until it becomes transparent and soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the red chillies and garlic pate to it and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all the sauces, vinegar, sugar, MSG, oregano, salt and pepper and let it cook till tomatoes and onions are tendered and gravy thickens.
- Add some more water if required to tender tomatoes and onions.
- Turn off the flame and use the sauce as required.