I love to bake and this is why I’m always in search for easy Eggless baking recipes. The time my fellow blogger Shikha shared Saffron-Pistachio Cookies recipe, I couldn’t wait to try it. I made these cookies last week and they turned out super yummy. Everyone at home liked it.
I followed Shikha’s recipe completely but made 2 changes in the ingredients. I used Cashew, Pistachio and Almonds in these cookies instead of Pistachio. That’s why I have named this recipe as Saffron-Nuts Cookies. Also, I used Clarified butter (Ghee) instead of unsalted butter.
Eggless Saffron-Nuts Cookies Recipe:
Eggless mini cookies flavoured with Saffron and Nuts baked till perfection.
Makes: 25 – 30 mini cookies
Clarified Butter (Ghee) – 1/2 cup (at room temperature)
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 1 and 1/4 cups
Vanilla Flavoured Custard Powder – 1/2 cup
Milk – 3 tablespoons (warm)
Saffron strands – 1/4 teaspoon
Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Nuts – 1/4 cup (Chopped)
1. Soak Saffron strands in milk for 15 – 20 minutes.
2. Take flour in a bowl, add baking powder and custard powder to it. Mix them well.
3. Take a separate bowl, add sugar and clarified butter to it.
4. Beat sugar and butter until the mixture become soft and fluffy.
5. Take the flour mixture and add milk and saffron mixture to it.
6. Now add fluffy butter and sugar mixture to the flour and bring them together. You don’t need to knead this dough. Just mix well and bring everything together.
7. Make small balls out of the dough and flatten it between your palm.
8. Use fork to make design on the flatten ball and make all the cookies in the same way.
9. Arrange the cookies in a greased baking tray and bake them in pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 15 – 18 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the cookies after 15 minutes or else it may burn.
- You can use unsalted butter instead of clarified butter.
- You can make the cookies using any one of the nuts I used or you also skip the nuts completely and make plain Saffron cookies.
I hope liked this Eggless Saffron-Nuts Cookies. Do try it and let me know how it turn out.