Whether it is idli, dosa or medu wada, onion tomato chutney goes with all of them.
I made this chutney along with onion rava dosa but unfortunately, rava dosa did not turn out well. This is why I am not posting its recipe here.
I will try the dosas some other day. Till then, you guys try making onion tomato chutney and let me know how it turned out.
For the chutney:
Onions (sliced or cubed) – 2 medium
Tomatoes (cubed or chopped) – 2 medium
Red chillies (broken) – 3 – 4
Garlic – 5 – 6 cloves
Water – 1/4 – 1/2 cup
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 6 – 8
- Blend together onions, tomatoes, garlic cloves, red chillies and salt.
- Heat oil in a vessel. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add curry leaves and fry it for a minute or two.
- Add the blended paste and sauté it for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add water and let it cook till the raw smell of chutney goes and it thickens.
- Serve this chutney with idlis, dosas or medu wadas.
- Add more or less water as per the consistency you desire.
Do you like Onion Tomato Chutney? How to you make this?