My sister got into cooking lately and I must say she cooks really well. As discussed earlier, we love sabudana khichdi and sister also this frequently. But she add garlic to her khichdi and her way of making it is a little different.
After my repeated request, she finally agreed to cook this in front of me and allowed me to measure all the ingredients and click step-by-step pictures. So here is my sister’s version of khichdi. I named it Spicy Sabudana Khichdi.
If you want to see regular version of Sabudana Khichdi you can see it here.
Spicy Sabudana Khichdi recipe:
Sabudana (sago) – 250 grams
Garlic (peeled) – 8 – 10 medium cloves
Green chillies (stems removed) – 6 – 8
Peanuts – 1/2 cup
Oil – 2 tablespoons
Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Turmeric – 1/4 teaspoon
Water – as required
Coriander leaves (chopped) – handful
1. Soak sabudana for 3 – 4 hours in little water, just that the sabudanas are all covered.
2. Blend garlic and green chillies to a smooth paste, adding little water.
3. Dry roast peanuts or microwave it until crispy. Let it cool down and then blend it to coarse powder. Set aside till use.
4. Heat oil in a non-stick kadai and add curry leaves and let it splutter. Now add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
5. Add garlic-green chilli paste and cook till the oil separate.
6. Now add Sabudanas and mix.
7. Add peanut powder and mix well. Now add salt and turmeric and mix.
8. Sprinkle little water on it, mix again and cook till the sabudanas turn transparent.
9. Turn off the flame and add coriander leaves to it. Mix and serve hot.
Sabudana khichdi is perfect for breakfast and you can even have it with your evening tea. I like to have it with my evening tea. There are many evening snacks recipes on Health Beauty and Food. You can see all of them here.
For more such recipes, follow HBF on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest. Also, I’m planning something a contest for my HBF’s email subscribers so if you haven’t subscribed the blog yet then subscribe now using the sidebar widget.
How do you make Sabudana Khichdi? Share your secret recipe in the comments section below.