You all are aware with love for sweet corns. Recently, I had some frozen corn kernels at home and I wanted to try something different with it. Then I came across this Corn Nuggets recipe on one of my favourite food blogs YummyTummy. I just love its recipes, so simple and easy to understand!
The original Corn Nuggets recipe had only black pepper in the name of spice but I added garlic and green chilli to the recipe. If you wish you can skip them.
I have also shared Corn Pattice recipe on this blog, so check it out here if you haven’t.
Corn Nuggets Recipe
Corn kernels – 2 cups
Garlic – 4 -5 fat cloves
Green chillies – 5 – 6
Salt – to taste
Pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Milk – 3/4 – 1 cup
Cheese – as per your wish
Oil – for deep frying
- Mix flour and baking powder and keep aside.
- Blend half of the corn kernels with green chillies and garlic.
- Remove the corn paste in a bowl and add milk, salt and pepper to it. Mix well.
- Now add flour + baking powder to the mixture and mix well leaving no lumps of flour. (Add more milk if required)
- Add grated cheese and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry the nuggets till golden brown.
- Serve hot with a spicy sauce.
- Adjust spiciness as per your taste and milk to get the desired consistency.
I hope you liked this Corn Nuggets recipe. Do try it and share your feedback with me in the comments below.